Coaching – TOEFL iBT (Internet based next generation test)
TOEFL stands for Test of English as a Foreign Language. This test is mandatory for any student who wants to study in the USA and whose native language is not English. TOEFL iBT fundamentally tests students skills in 4 modules of English namely listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing. The test is conducted online throughout the year however the students are expected to book their slots well in advance either by phone or online. The test scores are valid for 2 years. For more details logon to toefl
Candidates are tested in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Total test time is 2 hours 45 minutes. The first three modules- Listening, Reading and Writing- must be completed in one day. The speaking module may be taken, at the discretion of the test center, in the period seven days before or after the other Modules. The tests are designed to cover the full range of ability from non-user to expert user.
TOEFL iBT Components
- Listening 30 points
- Speaking 30 points
- Reading 30 points
- Writing 30 points
- Maximum Score 120 points
- Time 4 hours
- 4-6 lectures, some with class room discussion.
- Each 3-5minutes long, 6 questions each 2-3 conversations
- Each 3 minutes long
- 5 questions each.
- Time 60-90 minutes
- Score scale: 0-30
- 2 Independent tasks-express an opinion on a familiar topic.
- 4 integrated tasks- speak based on what you read and listen.
- Up to 30 seconds to prepare the response.
- Up to one minute to respond
- Time 20 minutes
- Score scale: 0-4 points; total of ratings converted to 0-30 score scale.
- 3-5 passages from academic texts approximately700 words long each including multiple- focus passages (compare/contrast/cause/effect)
- 12-14 questions under each passage.
- Time 60-100 minutes.
- Score: 0-30
- 2 Tasks
- 1 integrated task – write based on what is read and heard.
- One independent task – support an opinion on a topic
- Time 50 minutes – 20 minutes for integrated task and 30 minutes for independent task. Score scale: 0-5 points total of range converted to 0-30 Score scale.
Universal Education has designed a unique set of testing tools to make students experience effective preparedness for TOEFL iBT. We have both regular and crash batches. Regular batches stretch for 45 days. While crash courses for 30 days. As a part of the program we give printed materials and CD-Rom for preparation. We also have a set of listening practice tests which the student can undergo and test his/her level of intelligence. All these questions will be discussed and explained in the classroom. Universal Education has compiled an exhaustive number of reading selections, which are thoroughly discussed in the classes. In Writing, we make students learn the basics of an essay, the structure of TOEFL essay & provide ideas on diverse topics. In speaking section to expose the student to a real time environment we conduct mock speaking interviews using both computer and interviewer modes.
For more information please visit:toefl